When life hands you lemons, you make a tasty and refreshing pitcher of lemonade. But lemons are much more versatile than that. In fact, this citrusy fruit packs a powerful cleaning, disinfecting, plus a health and beauty punch. So, pour yourself a tall glass of lemonade and sit back while we demonstrate the many ways this yellow little fruit can be put to good use.
- Cut a lemon in half and rub the cut side on cutting boards to sanitize and disinfect. Add a little salt and a squirt of fresh lemon juice to scrub away dirt and grime.
- Freshen up the garbage disposal by routinely grinding up lemon peels and flushing with cold water.
- Squirt a bit of fresh lemon juice on your stained whites and let the article dry in the sun. The combination of lemon and sun acts like nature’s bleach.
- Is your coffee pot or glass pitcher looking a little dull? Soak them in lemon water to make them sparkle.
- Hard water can leave unsightly stains on kitchen and bath fixtures. Banish them by scrubbing with the cut side of a lemon and rinsing clean with water.
- Help keep your blood pressure in check by adding potassium-packed lemons to your beverages or meals.
- Lemon has anti-bacterial properties; a drink of lemon water can help fight off throat infections.
- Fresh lemon juice can help stop bleeding gums and can even reduce tooth pain. Likewise, you can put a little lemon juice on a scrape or cut to stop the bleeding and disinfect the area.
- Lemons assist in urine production, which helps flush toxins from the body.
- Lemon is said to reduce the production of free-radicals. Drink a glass of lemon water daily to help reduce the signs of aging.
- Lemon juice can also reduce the appearance of freckles and age spots.
- Treat yourself to an at-home manicure. Soak your fingertips in a mixture of lemon juice and warm water to get cleaner, brighter looking nails.
- Add 2 tablespoons of baking soda, ¼ cup lemon juice, and 2 tablespoons of granulated brown sugar to form an all-natural facial scrub. Apply to a freshly washed face and leave on for about 10 minutes to reveal clearer pores and banish blackheads.
Lemons, while great solutions in many applications, can’t do it all. If, for example, your garbage disposal clogs even after repeated cleanings, Connor Plumbing is on hand to get the job done. Or, if your pipes, dishes, and silverware are showing stains and milky white residue, you might have a hard water problem – Connor Plumbing has the right solution for any water quality problem. Contact us today or any time for service.