You’re ready to invest some time and money in your master bathroom, but you’re not sure which makes more sense: “facelift” or “makeover.”
What’s the difference? Oh, as much as $14,000, and enough to get you to take a long hard look at going the facelift route, especially if you’re handy with the tools and have a little creativity to boot.
On the high end, the average cost of a full makeover is $9,000 to $11,000 for a standard size bathroom, roughly 5’ x 7’ – 8’. And yet there are plenty of home owners who are doing wonders to their bathrooms for as little as $1,000.
Here are a few ideas on how you can rework your bathroom without breaking the bank:
- Replace the vanity with a new wood model that has a stone counter.
- Or, re-purpose an old chest or dresser and turn it into a vanity.
- Add a new mirror and faucet. Or, keep your current vanity but replace your toilet and faucet and add a new vinyl floor.
- Improve lighting and ventilation with a new combination light and exhaust fan. One with a heat setting will keep you from getting chilled when you get out of the shower.
- Add a set of sconces on either side of the mirror or medicine cabinet.
- Update towel bars, hooks, toothbrush and toilet paper holders, and cabinet hardware. Add matching shelves for your towels and toiletries.
- Replace your standard showerhead to one with multiple settings, including a pulsating or massage setting.
- Keep your towels toasty with a heated towel bar, some of which cost $100 or less.
- Repair cracked or dirty grout and caulking.
- Liven things up from floor to ceiling with a fresh coat of paint.
If plans include new plumbing or plumbing repairs, you can count on Connor Plumbing, as always, for creative ideas, high quality parts and products, and outstanding workmanship. And all with a guaranteed upfront price so you know in advance exactly what it’s going to cost.