There are a number of household emergencies a homeowner can face including, of course, a clogged sewer line.
At best, a clogged sewer is a nuisance – one you’ll want to remedy as quickly as possible. Better yet, and with proper maintenance, most sewer problems can be avoided. That includes flushing only what you’re supposed to down your toilets, pouring no grease down your drains, and periodically using an organic liquid cleaner like Bio-Clean (available at Connor Plumbing) to help clear and prevent clogged sewers and drains.
What are the Signs of a Clogged Sewer?
- Drain Noise: Strange noises coming from your drains are a key indicator that your sewer is nearly clogged. You will notice noises in drains when other lines are draining.
- Slow Drains: You’ll notice a sewer drain clog in the making when waste water can’t drain as fast.
- Sewer Odor: Sewer gas is not only unpleasant, it’s potentially dangerous as it can cause dizziness, nausea and, in extreme cases, asphyxiation.
Clogged Sewer Causes
Your sewer can become clogged or blocked for a number of reasons, including:
- Tree and plant roots. The deeper these roots grow into the soil, the more apt they are to work their way into any crack or fissure in their path. The juncture of two sewer pipes, particularly older pipes that may have settled and separated a bit, are particularly susceptible to root invasion.
- Other less frequent causes of sewer line breaks are settling of the ground, nearby construction, or incorrect installation.
At Connor Plumbing we are sewer cleaning and repair experts. Better yet, we have advanced equipment to help us diagnose and solve any sewer or drain problem. With our in-line video inspection cameras, for example, we can pinpoint the exact location and extent of the problem, which often leads to a faster and more affordable solution.
So if you’re currently experiencing a clogged sewer or drain problem, or even suspect you might be, contact Connor Plumbing for prompt and accurate problem diagnosis and a guaranteed upfront price to get the job done.