Well, for those of you keeping track, today – August 25, 2014 – also happens to be national Kiss and Make Up day: – a day to let go of grudges and cease the critical comments. A day to make up with your mom, sister, or spouse. And, perhaps, even your house.
You see, it’s quite common to focus on all that is wrong in our relationships. And your home sweet home is no exception. From drafty windows and doors to leaky faucets and rooms that are either too hot or too cold, focusing on the problems can make you lose sight of all that you love about your home, and can make living in it less enjoyable.
So today, agree to kiss and make up with your biggest investment, and tackle all those minor items on your to-do list before they turn into costly fixes. Here are just a few ideas to get you started:
- Fix leaky toilets, faucets, and showerheads.
- Consider adding grab bars near your toilet and both inside and outside your tub or shower to make things a little easier for those who need a little extra help.
- If you’re running out of hot water in mid-shave or shower, it might be time to drain your hot water storage tank to get rid of built-up sediment.
- Have recurring drain issues checked out and remedied.
- Have you disabled the water line from the sink to your fridge because of a leak? Well, what better time than now than to get that fixed, too.
If you really want to make nice with your home, how about a whole-house plumbing inspection performed by one of the experienced technicians at Connor Plumbing. That way, we can do some serious trouble-shooting on your behalf to help prevent problems from sneaking up on you. Not to mention the potentially sizable repair bills that often come with them.
If it’s been a year or more since your plumbing was last inspected, contact Connor Plumbing today.