Do you feel like you’re entering a time warp when you step into your Beaumont or Vidor bathroom? Is your would-be sanctuary more like a 1980s cliché? You’re not alone, even though the price tag for a complete bathroom remodel keeps many home owners from taking the plunge.
And yet, as long as the footprint of your existing bathroom works, you can give it new life with a few inexpensive updates. Here are 5 tips for turning your dated bathroom into a modern retreat.
- If your bathtub, shower, and toilet are in decent shape, focus your attention on the vanity. Painting a wooden vanity can easily freshen it up, and adding decorative hardware can complete the look. A new countertop will bring your bathroom into the 21st century, and with so many stone and solid surface materials to choose one, you can easily find one within your budget.
- Adding decorative woodwork can make a dated bathroom feel timeless. From crown molding on the ceiling, to bead-board wainscot on the walls, a few inexpensive details can really transform a space.
- Update the fixtures. Whether you prefer modern or traditional, there are countless options among faucets, shower heads, and towel racks, etc., to complement your bathroom design within your stated budget. And don’t forget the lighting. Consider adding sconces to either side of the mirror for added light and an elegant touch.
- Pamper yourself with a new shower head and towel warmer. While multi-jet showers are heavenly, they can be pretty costly. But a sunflower shaped, or rainfall shower head can give you a luxurious feeling for a fraction of the cost. And what’s better than wrapping yourself in a soft warm towel as you step out of the tub? A towel warmer will only set you back about $150.
- Add whimsical accessories. Break away from the standard bathroom décor by adding fun artwork and unique storage solutions. A small nightstand can provide added storage for hand towels and toiletries. An unused sugar bowl is perfect for cotton balls and Q-tips. And a woven basket can hold extra toilet paper rolls without taking up cabinet space.
If plumbing is part of your bathroom remodeling plans, then give us a call. At Connor Plumbing, we have plenty of experience in giving you added beauty and functionality – not to mention greater resale value – right within your budget.