Everyone procrastinates about something at one time or another. Maybe you’ve put off paying a utility bill, only to get hit with a late fee. Or you keep meaning to get that spare room organized but can’t seem to find the time.
But some things, when put off long enough, can have serious and costly consequences. Like routine home maintenance, plumbing and otherwise. The following is a list of repairs that not only don’t go away, but only get worse with time.
So the smart move? Get them taken care of much sooner than later.
- Prevent water and structural damage by repairing or replacing loose roof shingles, cleaning gutters, and directing down spouts away from your home.
- Avoid physical injury and property damage by cutting dead tree branches.
- Prevent wood rot by repairing cracked siding or touching up exterior paint.
- Have your chimney inspected and cleaned annually.
- Repair cracks in driveways and walk ways to prevent tripping and falling.
- Don’t ignore cracks in the foundation of your home as they could cause areas to buckle and invite water damage.
- Avoid injury and further damage by repairing loose floor tiles, stairs, hand rails, and floor boards.
- Seal and caulk cracks around your windows and doors to keep heat in and the elements out.
- Prevent expensive plumbing repairs by fixing leaky toilets, faucets, and shower heads right away.
- Take note of peeling paint or wallpaper, as it could be a sign of moisture build-up.
- Kill mold and clean mildew immediately to prevent adverse health effects. And treat the cause to prevent future growth.
- Keep your water heater in good working order with an annual inspection.
While we’re not general handymen, we are more than handy when it comes to making your home plumbing problems disappear. For your added peace of mind, we’re licensed, insured, and accredited by the Better Business Bureau. Call us now or any time at all for service.